If you just had a car accident in Spain and you are not to blame, this are the steps you have to follow to ensure you will be fully compensated for your injuries:
- In case of severe injuries, call the emergency services.In Spain, this number is 112.
- If the police service is involved, get the report number.If not, keep a copy of the amicable accident report or take all the details you can from the vehicles involved both insurance and driver details.
- Get the full details of any witnesses
- Take pictures of the vehicles and any aspect that you consider relevant such as traffic signals, sidewalks, traffic lights.
- Go to A&E to be assisted. It is vital that you do it on the day of the accident or the next day and never leave it more than 72 hours. This is because it can lead to problems as the insurers will claim lack of the link causes to avoid any payment.
- Contact a solicitor in Spain to make the claim.
If you’ve been in an accident and need dependable advice, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.Our expert injury English Speaking solicitors in Spain will provide the best legal advice and help you navigate an often-confusing system.